Friday, January 29, 2016

All About Cam, Gym Time and Visualizing

Today our Star of the Week was Cameron! Now we know that his name means MISCHIEF!
Here is his awesome Google Slides Presentation:

We are using our visualizing skills while reading to help us understand what we are reading.  In shared reading, we read the first part of the poem 'Freddie' and drew what we thought Freddie might look like.  Afterwards, we read the rest of the poem and our mental image of changed because...he was a DOG! The reaction, when we found out he was a dog, is hilarious!  We learned that our mental images can change when we read.

Freddie

I don’t like doing homework,
I know that it will bore me.
But now I am much happier
’Cause Freddie does it for me!

He greets me at the door each day
When I come home from school.
He just can’t wait to read my books—
I think that’s pretty cool!

I give him all my homework,
Like history and math.
And when he’s done I give him
A nice warm bubble bath!

My grades are so much better now,
Which makes my parents glad.
Freddie is the smartest dog
That I have ever had!


 In gym we are working on our throwing and catching skills!  Check us out!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews